- Thursday, 24 May 2018
1. Portfolio Publishing Ltd, publisher of Financial Planning Today magazine and website, respects the privacy of the individual and the corporation and strives to be fully compliant with all aspects of UK data protection law and the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation. When we collect data from you, we take appropriate action to ensure that the data we collect is only relevant to the purposes we have stated in this document and is not kept longer than is necessary.
1. Information about you is collected from you as a general user or registered user of the site and when you register for email services such as our newsletters or for user registration or comments, ratings and other areas. We collect this data so that we can give you a personalised service which means that you will see content relevant to your profession and usage and to provide us with information which assists us in the provision of the web service to you.
4. User information that we collect and that is supplied by you as a user of the site www.financialplanningtoday.co.uk or Financial Planning Today magazine and as defined under our terms and conditions (see relevant section on this site) is covered primarily by the Data Protection Act 1998, the GDPR and other data protection legislation. The Act requires Portfolio Publishing to follow rules and guidelines as defined by these pieces of legislation. Further details are available on request.
6. The details and data that we store about you may be moved to another publication within the Portfolio Publishing group or may also be transferred to a new owner in the event that the site or company are sold to new proprietors. You will be kept informed if this takes place.
1. When you, as a registered user, request information from the website relevant information about this is stored on the website. This may include IP address, username, job title, company, browser version, a page, search request, operating system and other such information as is processed when the user uses the site. This may vary from time to time. The storage of this information is to help us collect aggregate data on usage of the site and for no other purpose and personal information or data we store is never released to third parties. The information stored helps us to provide aggregate statistical data and other information to advertisers and other third parties but data relating to you personally is never passed on.
2. While the security of the internet is improving Portfolio Publishing cannot guarantee that any data stored by us is completely protected from cyber attacks or other forms of malicious intervention and, as such, users must take care to ensure that no personal financial or sensitive information is recorded except where used by trusted third party suppliers such as payment gateways operating on our behalf.
4. Data is kept only for as long as needed. Payment and financial information is kept for up to 7 years while other information is deleted sooner. For example, if you unsubscribe from one of our newsletters the data will be removed within 24 months.